Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wedding of the oldest newly-weds in the UK

Wedding for the UK's oldest newly-weds 93 and 85 years of age.

From Ananova News

A 93 year old man and his 85 year old soon bride to be are getting set to become Britain's oldest newlyweds after a whirlwind romance.

Bob comments: I suppose when you are this age you do not have much time for a long romance...

Groom James Mason and his bride-to-be Peggy Clark had just met one another last month, as reported by the Sky News of England.

But when they first met each other at a day care center in Paignton, Devon, UK they said that "it was love at first sight."

"It's a miracle. I'm in a dream," said Peggy. "I feel like I'm going to wake up in a minute."

Bob comments: I hope they find happyness in the arms of each other

"When I introduced myself, he was the last one. There was silence and I looked at him and asked: 'Do you come here often?' I couldn't believe I'd said that!

Sounds like a pick up line from the 1970's... but hey

"His eyes were twinkling. The eyes are the windows to the soul and when you look you can tell. I knew instantly but I couldn't say because he would think I was picking him up."

Bob: When you do not have much time to waste....

Time is a valuable asset.

Bob: I cringe when I see young couples in their teens getting married, at least this couple is mature.

James added: "I thought she was a bit of alright. The twinkle was in my eyes, I can tell you! It was love at first sight." The groom said

After just three days of courting Peggy. the groom to be James popped the big question.

Will you marry me - he said...!!!

"I thought I'd better grab her when I could because we didn't want to live in sin," he said.

Bob: and one never knows how long one has on this earth - no matter what age you are...