Monday, December 12, 2005

Ranting and raving...maybe just rants

I remember the time that I did a wedding on the beach with a nice young couple in their early twenty's. They were married on valentines day, so how romantic is that...?

The bride had mentioned to me that her groom to be was somewhat forgetful. They were dressed in clothes that you would expect in a church wedding. He was in a suit and She was in a beautiful flowing white dress. In the wind, the ladies always fight to keep the hair nice and then give up. a few steps on the sand and off come the fancy shoes of the brides...happens everytime!

After the ceremony was over I told the groom that he was married on valentines day and that

HE HAD BETTER NOT EVER FORGET HIS WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!

He started laughing....

I put my finger in his face and I said

" Look you had better not ever forget your anniversary"

He laughed even more.

I said to the groom " If you forget your anniversary - you know your wife will kill you"

He continued laughing.....

I said" you know your wife will kill you and she will get an all woman jury at the murder trial"

"The all woman jury will say that you deserved to die and your wife will get off scott free."

The groom thought that this was Hilarious....

I said " I am not joking" She will kill you, get off scott free and collect your life insurance and find another man"

Hmmm...

some guys just don't get it....

I suppose that He still thinks I was kidding....maybe I should check the obituary section of the papers on valentines day....

Bob