Sunday, November 19, 2006

football wedding

This story reminds me of the couple that called me on Superbowl Sunday at around 10:30 AM to ask me if I could perform their wedding that very day.

I said: Sure, do you want to do the wedding before, during or after the superbowl game...?
The groom said: before if I can pull it off....
During the wedding, the groom joked if I could speed up the ceremony so as not to miss the kickoff...

Border battle (football) wedding

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=local&id=4752977
November 11, 2006 - One week before the big Ohio State - Michigan game, a local couple tied the knot while honouring their favorite teams.

The bride named Heather Rogge and the groom named Tim Kyle got married at Immaculate Conception in Swanton, but tradition was out the window.

The bride is a big Michigan fan and the groom is for Ohio State. In fact, their relationship started just before the border battle four years ago.

The couple held the wedding the weekend before the game because family members said they wouldn't attend if the wedding was on game day.

I love this story and hope they stay together for along time...